Search by Keyword
Visit these Trusted Sites
Assistance for Medical Needs
Benefits of the Swash Bidet Seat
Loss of Mobility
Loss of mobility, both temporary and permanent, can be painful, frustrating and often times make it difficult to perform everyday functions that were once very easy, such as going to the bathroom. Partial or total mobility loss may result from conditions such as arthritis, broken bones, Dupuytren's disease and hernia and rectal surgery. Over 70 million Americans have some form of arthritis or joint inflammation, often translating to a serious debility. In addition, Dupuytren's disease, an abnormal thickening of tissue beneath the skin in the palm of the hand, may eventually limit movement.
The Swash allows people suffering from conditions such as these to regain the comfort and dignity of using the toilet by themselves.
Benefits for Hemorrhoid Sufferers
Hemorrhoids are veins that swell and protrude around the anus. The symptoms may include a painful burning sensation, itching, swelling and even bleeding. As many as 10 million Americans suffer from hemorrhoids; most of them between the ages of 45 and 65, but over half the population will experience them at some point in their lives. The good news is you can now find hemorrhoid relief without resorting to surgery!
The Swash eliminates the need for abrasive toilet paper when using the toilet. The warm water jet and warm air dryer clean and dry the user, providing great relief from symptoms such as tenderness and irritation. Whereas sufferers with traditional toilets often dread going to the bathroom and try to wait as long as possible (causing further complications), Swash owners may actually look forward to using the toilet because it is a pleasant, soothing experience.
Relief for Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Incontinence
Skin care is very important for incontinent patients and those with IBS; however, cleaning with toilet paper or soap can dry and irritate anal tissue. The Swash allows multiple washings without the increased skin abrasion and irritation caused by other methods.
Help for the Discomfort of Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation and irritation in various parts on the gastrointestinal tract. With this condition can come a frequent need to use the toilet. The Brondell Swash allows complete and gentle cleansing after each bowel movement without harsh, abrasive toilet paper.
Medical Benefits for Women:
The Swash provides an effective and natural way to eliminate vaginal odor throughout the month, and it is particularly useful during a period. Menstrual flow is not simply blood; it also contains cervical and vaginal mucus and degenerated endometrial particles. When this fluid comes in contact with bacteria in the air, it begins to decompose and can become odiferous. The gentle cleansing of the feminine wash rinses the area clean, removes any odor and helps to make what can be an uncomfortable time of the month a little more pleasant. In addition, the Swash and its dual wand system also serve to keep the rectal area clean.
Yeast infections can cause itching, discharge and unpleasant odor. While the Swash can't cure a yeast infection, it can provide soothing relief from the symptoms while treatment is being received from a gynecologist or over the counter medications.
The Swash is ideal for pregnant women for many reasons:
1. Hemorrhoids -- Due to increased weight gain during pregnancy, women often develop hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are veins that swell and protrude around the anus. The symptoms are a painful burning sensation, itching, swelling and bleeding. Toilet paper often exacerbates hemorrhoid symptoms. The Swash's warm water posterior wash and air dryer eliminate the need for abrasive toilet paper and keep the affected area clean and dry, providing comfort and relief from tenderness and irritation.
2. Lack of Mobility - The changing shape and increased weight gain during pregnancy can make it awkward and difficult for expecting mothers to thoroughly clean themselves. The Swash's dual wand system provides excellent cleansing in both the feminine and posterior area.
3. Cleanliness Before, During and after Delivery -- Women need extra help with cleanliness during pregnancy. Before the baby comes, women can experience the loss of the plug of mucus, water breaking and loss of amniotic fluid. The gentle cleansing of the Swash provides comfort and relief.
There are also massive physical changes that occur during the first few weeks after giving birth which can be comforted by the Swash and its gentle warm water wash:
* Lochia -- The term "lochia" is the bleeding that occurs as the uterus sheds its lining after the birth. This occurs whether the birth is vaginal or cesarean. While women have traditionally been told to expect their lochia to last for 10 to 14 days, recent studies have indicated that most women experience lochia for at least a month after the delivery, and many for as long as six weeks. This means exceptional feminine cleaning is needed during this time, and Swash delivers that even when you're sleep deprived or holding a baby with one arm.
* Perineum - The perineum may have swelling, bruising, or other complications that can be soothed by the Swash.
* Urinary tract - The doctor will want to ensure that there aren't any delivery-related bladder problems caused by trauma to the area during the delivery, the effects of certain anesthetics, and so on. The Swash delivers unparalleled hygiene for urinary clean-up.
The Swash can be of benefit for any of the following conditions: Arthritis, Obesity, Parkinson's Disease, IBD / IBS, Crohn's Disease, Pregnancy & Postpartum care, ALS, Urinary Tract or Bladder Problems, Yeast Infections, Menstration, Back Pain, Amputation, Hemorrhoids, Osteoporosis, Dwarfism, Constipation, Incontinence, Stroke, MS / MD, ALS, Nerve Damage, Paralysis, Allergies, Arm Injury, Vision Problems, Hand Injury, Sores, Infection, Fissures, Hip Pain, Spinal Injury, Colorectal Cancer, Colorectal Surgery & Fissure repair.
- Dignity & independence in the bathroom
- Hands-free posterior & feminine warm water wash
- Hands-free drying with warm air dryer (select models)
- Effortless & effective cleansing for men & women
- Perfect for patients:
- Needing bathroom assistance
- With limited mobility or dexterity
- Suffering from IBS, Chron’s, hemorrhoids
- Post colorectal surgery & during/after pregnancy
Easy to Use
At the push of a button, the Swash provides warm water posterior and feminine washes for hands-free personal cleaning:
- Easy-to-use push button controls
- Controlled by caregiver or patient
- Personalized user settings for comfort
- Installs easily on your existing toilet
- Fits on nearly all tank toilet fixtures
- Fits with select seat risers & safety rails
100% Secure Online
Note: All prices in US Dollars